on my heart



This one is a biggie guys.
I'm going to put my heart out there on a topic that I struggle with every minute of my life. It will be a constant battle, but I believe that over time I shall overcome.
Let's be honest. It's a battle for everyone.
If you say you haven't felt it before - you're lying, straight up.

Jealously. Lust. Envy.
Whatever you may name it.

Everyday we interact with people.
Friends, family, co-workers, strangers, bloggers..
We all have this feeling and for some of us it is too much at times.

It makes you feel 'lousy'.
It is the inability to be happy for someone else's success or blessings in life because of personal insecurities.
It results from the belief that another person’s gain or happiness somehow diminishes your own.
It's a fear that you will never have what you're trying to attain.

I hate how strong this is for us as women. And men as well.

James 3:16 says, "For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing."


It diminishes our view of ourselves.
It strains relationships and friendships alike.
The fear of losing someone that means so much to you tugs your heart so relentlessly that it paralyzes you and the connection you have with that other person and does not let it continue to become authentic and true.

I have too many relationships that I have struggled with and lost because of jealously.
I have many friendships now where there have become pangs of envy when I see them with a certain someone, having something I want in life, or simply seeing them as superior to myself.
I sincerely apologize to anyone I've felt jealous against. It only hurts both parties involved and never lets our full potential to be met.

Also, why aren't we celebrating others' happiness? Do the accomplishments of a dear friend matter so less to us that we pretend to be happy for them?
The people who are closest to us will naturally share their successes and desire us to share in their happiness.
Not only do we deny ourselves, we deny others.

Material things do not matter, they only help us get by in life until we reach our new home.
We share something even better. We are all the same to Christ.
His love is unmatched and is flawless.
He loves everyone the same.
He loves everyone forever.


Be contented in the Lord and when you are content with and grateful for what you have, there is no need to compare with others.
It is bound to be difficult but trust God and be thankful for what you have.
The best feeling that opposes jealousy is happiness.
So love hard and be happy.

If you are not feeling particularly grateful this week, maybe now is the time to dig deeper and keep close to your heart the things that no one else has.
Your family; parents, children and your freinds. No one can ever have the exact same connection with another person as you do.
No one can ever be you.
Rejoice in that. Celebrate you.
Pray that your focus will be on all that you have opposed to everything you want or what you do not have.


I wanted to write this post and share it with you all, hoping it will be a blessing to someone who needs to hear it.
I don't know a single person who hasn't been affected by jealousy at least once in their life.

Much love to all of you,



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment