lets get reacquainted :)

When I started blogging I tried to stay true to myself while keeping others happy.
I tried to pick a name that was me - which worked until people had trouble pronouncing and spelling it. I didn't want the meaning to be lost because of technicalities.

And I don't really know why I started a 'style blog' specifically.
Maybe to try and find my niche, maybe because I wanted sponsors and blog fame?
I always knew I wanted to expand my blog and talk about other stuff so why didn't I from the beginning?

My best guess is the insecurities or lack of identity.
I've grown up so fast I feel like I haven't had the time to figure out who I want to be yet, and I'm already a million things.
There is so much going on in my life at all times and I said before that I was tired of talking about my 'problems' to 'professionals'.
Maybe if I was just another face behind nice outfits keeping my life private, then people would only see the clothes and leave the rest alone.

This I can tell you is NOT me.
I'm not a private person.
Never was, never will be.
I gab and chat and talk peoples faces off.

I got lost somewhere in the mix of blogging and it became a chore rather than a thing that I love that reflected 'me'.
I had read things online warning first time bloggers about that.
I didn't want to be one of those who was swallowed up and quit in the first 3 months.

I will apologize for this once then let it go.
I adore all of my readers but I feel I owe it to all of you to finally introduce myself as who I am personally.

So hi there, I'm Kelly and 'La Belle Coeur' is my blog.
'A beautiful heart' translated.

This blog is me.

The good, the bad, the ugly.
The fashionista, the writer.
The happy, the sad, the angry,
the frustrated, the scared, the worried.
The girl who's trying to get back on her path of personal faith after being astray far too long.
The me dealing with 'faults' that are really just self-lessons in life.
The student, wife, and mother -- these bring out most of the above.
.. and yes, even the insecurities.

We all have them.

I'm learning to try and accept mine.
I will not let them bring me down.
I will not let them control me.
I will not let them define me.


There will always be things I wish I could change, but I'm learning day by day to accept.

Not too long ago, my world changed.
I met a man and we had one baby, then had another. (Their stories all to come.)
They made me look at the world differently, my body differently and focus my life in ways I imagined were eons away for me.

But I wasn't a new me. I was the old me with in different life.
Learning to adapt and take my life as it was now.

Slowly but surely over the course of the last year or so I've made decisions and choices to change that.
It's a work in progress.
I'm a work in progress.

But this is me learning to embrace everything.
Good and bad.

Knowing that I can keep my love of fashion & style while being proud of this body that has carried two beautiful children, stretch marks and all.
Writing my heart out for the love of writing.
And knowing people can always relate in their own ways and make you feel like you're not alone in daily struggles.

So there
That's a little about me.
Here's to a better blog and a better me... for reals this time.

It's nice to meet you.
I hope you stay awhile and I can bet we'll be the best of friends.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/07/2012

    I respect you so much for what you do, and pursuing what you love! Glad to see you are keeping it up girl! I find myself reading your blogs when you post and I just think you are beautiful and so brave! Don't ever change :)
    - an admiring Facebook friend

    ReplyDelete