be still


Exodus 14:14.
My favorite verse in one of my favorite stories.

The context behind this is Moses parting the Red Sea for the Israelites to escape from Pharaoh and his Egyptian army.

15
Then the Lord said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on.
16 Raise your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground...

This week I've been dealing with so much extra on top of life's normal things.
I feel like I've reached the water's edge with no where else to go. Even when parted, the high walls of water surrounding makes me terrified that they will fall down at any moment.

I have to start asking for help as I am 'moving on'.
Being stagnant and crying out will get me no further.
I tend to focus on how much is going on rather than looking at how I am getting through it.
His hands are guiding me.
God is on my side.

I have to take the time to be still in His presence and acknowledge everyday how, no matter what I am doing or what I may be going through, He is there.
He will show me the way even when it looks hopeless.

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Jeremiah 29:11

Take an extra minute everyday this week to thank Him for helping you through. Take a look at the bigger picture opposed to nit-picking all the small items. You may see a strategy easier this way.
If you're reading this and aren't religious I still hope you take a second to look at every obstacle as a life lesson, not as a challenge that deems you a 'winner' or 'loser'.
When times are rough, don't lose hope.
When it's all over you'll be that much prouder of yourself for having overcome.

Never forget that He will fight for you, and with you.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment