good grief


{Outfit Details}
Blazer - Thrifted
Shirt - Winners
Jeans - Forever 21
Boots - Sirens
Necklace - Ardene
Ring - Forever 21
Studs - Forever 21




Tada!
My new boots and my "effortless chic" first day of school look.
These boots were going to be my staple for fall looks. Alas, I had to return them, and there was no more in my size. I wore them ONCE and a tooth fell out of the zipper line and they wouldn't do up correctly. If they did, the area where the tooth was missing started to gap then the whole thing would open up and *sigh*
I guess that's what I get for buying boots at clothing stores. I did get a credit to the store though.

So what do you guys think...should I wait until they restock my size and try again, or should I go buy a higher priced pair? Usually pricier means better quality. Not always, but I don't expect a $100 boot to fall apart, you dig? Plus I can buy clothes or something with the store credit.

Advice please & thanks! :)


7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/07/2011

    Hmmmm... How long would you have to wait for the boots to get restocked? It seems as though you like them quite a bit! It might be worth the wait :). Eitherway, you'll be fabulous. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/08/2011

    You're beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9/08/2011

    I never have bought shoes in a clothing store for that very reason but like you said, paying more for shoes does not always equal better shoes. But from my personal experience, I haven't had any problems with the shoes I've paid more for in terms of quality. My advice would be to look around for a pair that isn't outrageously more expensive than the ones you already have/had and size it up in-store. You should check out Gallery Shoes, they have some really nice boots in stock now :) Hope this helps!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/09/2011

    Who takes your photos? Do you use a tripod? They seem to capture some of the fun moments of the shoot.

    I really like the brown and dark blue contrast of the jeans/boots combo.

    I look forward to reading your blog and checking out your pics.

    Can you provide some tips on color combinations in a future posts?

    This is a great blog......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah i love those boots! :( sucks they didn't work out.

    outfit looks comfy but cute! and fallish! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^ Hey anonymous!
    Thanks for the nice words. My hubby take most all of my pictures. He always makes fun of my poses so a lot of the pictures are candids or me laughing at him, which I think makes it more genuine.

    Color combinations are endless. There's a plethora of people and images out there that inspire me to mix all my colors. Anything goes really, don't box yourself into 'combinations' or 'rules'. I always rock the brown and black, and that's the worst one apparently ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey anonymous! Thanks for the nice words. My hubby takes most of my pictures. He always makes fun of my poses so a lot of the pictures are candids or me laughing at him, which makes it more genuine I think.
    And as for color combinations,  they are endless! There's a plethora of people and images out there that inspire me to mix all my colors. Anything goes really, don't box yourself into 'combinations' or 'rules'.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete