dressed up, dressed down


{Outfit Details}
Jacket - Forever 21
Sequined Shirt - Forever 21
Tank (Underneath) - Forever 21
Slacks - Walmart
Jeans - Forever 21
Shoes - Soft Moc
Black Flats - Go Jane
Earrings - Ardene
Bracelets - Forever 21


[Ahh, much better!]



[A close up, because I love these earrings, and the intricate colored thread detail!]

I've never worn this shirt before because of the detailing. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful, but my my skin is a force to be reckoned with. If you're not soft as a baby's bum, newborn kitten, cashmere or silk then stay away. Beads, wool, tags, that stupid plastic strip they sew into the shoulders on t-shirts (GRRR why is there a need!?) all annoy the crap out of my skin, and I end up itching to high heavens then turning blood red.

Verdict for this shirt? Church or Costco?
A: Its okay as long as I wear a tank underneath & B: it looks way better with jeans, so Costco style. I'm looking at that second picture and thinking, this shirt is totally not dressy and sucks trying to be dressed up. Plus I think the crotch needs raising in the slacks.

For now, I've got 'Bar Rescue' and a plate of nachos calling my name...

5 comments:

  1. I think it would dress up nice with a skirt. You could tuck it into a pencil skirt. :)

    Courtney
    I Can Be Many Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spardikins9/12/2011

    i like what courtney said about the skirt. Annnd the dressy pants are clearly WAY too big for you in certain areas. Buttttt the third picture is awesome. looks great with the jeans. cuute. Although, some shirts aren't worth the suffering. If it's too bothersome, don't be at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sick By Trend9/12/2011

    Hey honey! thanks for the comment on my blog :) Love that jacket and I'm following :) follow me!

    xxwww.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. following back! thanks so much :)
    your headers always take my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaahah the croth shot pic is what made me go 'wth' and put jeans on

    ReplyDelete